Land Rovers are some of the most safe and efficient cars on the market, but if your intake manifold gasket is starting to fail, you might have a safety hazard on your hands.
Making sure your intake manifold gasket in your Land Rover is of utmost importance. If you notice that your gasket is no longer working properly, take it to Encore Motorcars at your earliest possible convenience.
Whether you are driving from Bradenton, Ellenton, Nokomis, Osprey, Parrish, Venice, Lakewood Ranch, Longboat Key, Siesta Key, University Park, or Sarasota, Florida, we at Encore Motorcars understand the importance of ensuring a safe and reliable vehicle.
The Purpose of Your Land Rover’s Intake Manifold Gasket
Your Land Rover relies heavily on the strength and health of your intake manifold gasket. Your vehicle’s intake manifold gasket is just one part of your Land Rover’s engine. Its purpose is to help stop any air from leaking out of the engine while it is ignited or running.
The manifold gasket assists in regulating your engine chamber’s temperature as well as makes sure that no gasolines explosions happen within your Land Rover’s engine. By pulling oxygen into the engine, it not only fuels the engine but also cools it. Your Land Rover’s intake manifold gasket is positioned just between your car’s cylinder heads and its intake pipe, making sure to keep your engine running and your car safe for both you and your family.
How to Know if Your Intake Manifold Gasket is Failing
Knowing whether your Land Rover is having intake manifold gasket failure is very important. This can give you an opportunity to address the problem as soon as possible by taking your vehicle to a certified Land Rover professional rather than waiting until additional issues arise. Some signs that your intake manifold gasket is failing include:
- The engine is visibly leaking coolant: If your vehicle’s gasket is old, damaged, or worn out, you will start to notice a coolant leak. Your Land Rover’s coolant is stored by the gasket in a very pressurized chamber. If it begins to leak out, there will likely be corrosion and additional problems for your car.
- Your fuel efficiency has reduced immensely: If you notice yourself filling up on gas more often than regular, you could have a problem with your intake manifold gasket in your Land Rover. A sudden decrease in fuel efficiency can mean that the ratio or air and fuel in your cylinder is unbalanced and must be corrected by a professional Land Rover repair specialist.
- You are experiencing a bumpy idle or backfiring: If you are experiencing a bumpy ride when idling or the backfiring of your vehicle, bring it to Encore Motorcars where we can examine your car and diagnose your gasket problem.
- Your engine is overheating: If your intake manifold gasket in your Land Rover is failing, this means your coolant could be leaking out. As coolant leaks from your car, the car begins to overheat significantly. If you notice your car is warmer than usual or the thermometer reading on your dashboard shows an overheating vehicle, we suggest having it towed to Encore Motorcars.
How to Avoid A Failing Intake Manifold Gasket in Your Land Rover
Knowing how to avoid and prevent the failure of your intake manifold gasket will greatly improve the lifespan of your Land Rover. In order to avoid gasket failure you should:
- Get regular vehicle inspections at a licensed repair shop that specializes in the make and model of your car.
- Keep your fluids, oils, and coolants always topped up.
- Get regular oil changes.
- Use the designated gas for your vehicle.
- Make sure your car has enough antifreeze.
Encore Motorcars Can Diagnose and Repair Your Intake Manifold Gasket
At Encore Motorcars, we know how important your car’s reliability is to you. If you have a failing intake manifold gasket, come to Encore Motorcars where we can offer service with a smile.
As a leader in German, Exotic, and Asian Import cars, we’re committed to making maintenance easier and more convenient for you, so drivers can enjoy their luxury cars the way they were made to be.
Serving Bradenton, Ellenton, Nokomis, Osprey, Parrish, Venice, Lakewood Ranch, Longboat Key, Siesta Key, University Park, and Sarasota, Florida, we accept almost all warranty plans, offer free one-day rental cars, a free courtesy car wash, and the friendliest service in the West Florida area. Give us a call today to schedule your appointment.