The infotainment system is an in-dash system designed to entertain and inform the driver. It controls a number of things from your dashboard alerts to your entertainment features. Over time, the Land Rover’s infotainment system may malfunction. Below, we will dig further into your infotainment system.
Features of Your Land Rover’s Infotainment System
The infotainment system is designed to both enhance the features of the vehicle and assist the driver in many ways. It is essentially a complete system of both entertainment and information. The infotainment system in your Land Rover offers many amenities and adds a bit more luxury. It operates many things, such as:
- Controlling the radio, Bluetooth system, CD player, and satellite radio
- Notifies the driver when maintenance is due
- Notifies the driver when the fuel is low and searches for the nearest station
- Some systems control the air conditioning and heating system
- Shows the view of the backup camera for the driver to see
- Operates voice commands
Land Rover offers 3 different InControl infotainment systems including:
- Touch: This is Land Rovers 8” touchscreen, multimedia, and navigation system.
- Touch Pro: Touch pro offers a 10” touchscreen that allows you to use touch, swipe, pinch-to-zoom to control your maps, media, and settings.
- Touch Pro Duo: This is the latest infotainment system. It offers two 10” high-definition touchscreens, allowing you to simultaneously use multiple features easily and conveniently.
Warning signs and prevention
With such a wide range of operations, there is a lot there that can malfunction. The three biggest problems Land Rovers experience with the information system are:
- Electrical failure: Several wires, cables, and components must work together for the infotainment system to function properly. When one or more of these pieces fail, the entire system has the potential to fail.
- System glitches: Failure of the operator to maintain updating the system. Without proper updating, your Land Rovers infotainment system is bound to develop problems or fail.
Infotainment Service and Maintenance
Like the oil in your car, your information system requires general maintenance. Your professional mechanic should be checking this system, ensuring all wires and cables are functioning as they should with each routine maintenance check.
It is important to pay attention to small and large problems within your infotainment system as this is a warning sign that something is malfunctioning. Should you notice abnormal changes within your system, it is important to bring your Land Rover in for service immediately to avoid further damage to the system.
Encore Motorcars for Your Land Rover
At Encore Motorcars, we help drivers throughout the local area and cities including Bradenton, Ellenton, Nokomis, Osprey, Parrish, Venice, Lakewood Ranch, Longboat Key, Siesta Key, University Park, and Sarasota, FL.
We are Sarasota’s award-winning sales, maintenance, and repair shop for luxury vehicles. Our team is trained to service and repair many brands including Asian imports, Audi, BMW, Exotics, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes, Mini Cooper, Porsche, and Volkswagen.
We buy vehicles for sale, offer a luxurious lot of vehicles for sale, accept trades, and can even arrange for shipping anywhere. Encore Motorcars provides many amenities including:
- A free rental car if repairs take more than one day to complete.
- A complimentary car wash with every service.
- We accept almost all extended warranties.
It is our teams’ mission to ensure your luxury vehicle leaves our auto shop in the same, or better, condition as when you first drove it off the lot. Our mechanics are equipped to handle any air conditioning repair service, convertible top repair, brake repair, oil change service, check engine light repair, clutch repair, oil leak repairs, suspension repair, and transmission work.
To schedule an appointment, you can either call our office and speak to a representative or fill out our convenient online request form. For this option, you will simply go to our website and click the “appointment” tab, provide your name, phone number, email address, year, make, and model of your car requested date and time, and leave a brief message of your vehicle concerns.
Do not wait until a small, inexpensive problem becomes a large money pit, call today and speak to one of our friendly staff members to schedule your appointment.