Land Rovers are built to perform even under the most challenging conditions. The Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) system is an active part of your vehicle. The DSC system controls the vehicle support and operating system. The DSC system has a large number of sensors incorporated into it. These sensors allow the onboard computer to identify differences and make adjustments to your vehicle’s performance.
As crucial as the DSC system is to a Land Rover, and notwithstanding how strong the vehicle is, it still requires maintenance and care to prevent unexpected breakdown. DSC failure is a common issue with Land Rovers that can be caused by a lack of maintenance and not adhering to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
Common Causes Dynamic Stability Control Failure
The dynamic stability control system is susceptible to natural wear and tear after an extended period of use. Let’s look at some of the major factors for DSC failure in Land Rovers, specifically:
- Faulty Sensor: The DSC collects data from a large pool of sensors, and its functionality depends on these sensors. When a sensor is faulty, the DSC system can make wrong and erroneous adjustments and activations.
- Tire Pressure Sensor Issues: DSC failure can also be caused by a problem with the tire pressure system. The DSC gathers data from the tire pressure sensor to determine when an intervention is required. So when your DSC starts acting erratically, it could be a ripple effect of tire pressure issues.
- Usage: While the Land Rover is designed for all driving conditions, the DSC system is designed for everyday driving conditions. This creates a dilemma in usage. Forgetting to deactivate the DSC system when using the vehicle under rough conditions can damage the unit.
- Malfunctioning Components: Since the DSC system works with other parts and components of the vehicle, a failure in one of those components can trigger a problem with the DSC system if not quickly taken care of. More importantly, when there is an issue with as much as just one component, the functionality of the DSC system will be affected.
Signs of DSC System Malfunctions
The Land Rover is a rugged vehicle, and as such, owners may fail to detect or observe changes in driving conditions. Below are the signs you may notice indicating that the DSC system in your Land Rover is failing or has failed.
- Service Light Illuminates: When your Land Rover’s DSC system is malfunctioning, one of the most basic indicators is the DSC system warning light on your dashboard. Aside from the warning, the dashboard can also show the Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) warning because both systems are interconnected.
- Drifting and Steering Problems: When your Rovers DSC system fails, you will notice your vehicle making irregular drifts in and out of your lane. Problems with steering are also another indicator of DSC failure, and this is because DSC controls and makes adjustments to your vehicle’s performance. When DSC fails, it becomes too difficult to control your car.
- Inconsistent Speed: Since the DSC regulates and adjusts your vehicle’s performance when there is a problem with the DSC system, you are bound to experience irregularities with your vehicle’s speed. DSC regulates and adjusts the vehicle’s speed according to the road conditions, and as such, when there is a problem with DSC, the vehicle’s speed begins to move abnormally. For instance, the speed can spike up even when there are no noticeable changes in the road condition.
DSC Failure: Expert Diagnosis and Repairs at Encore Motorcars
At Encore Motorcars, we understand how essential maintenance is to the functionality of your Land Rover. We believe that owning a luxury car should bring comfort and satisfaction rather than a hassle. This is why we have carefully designed our services to ensure that your vehicle maintenance is more straightforward and convenient for you.
Encore Motorcars is located in Sarasota, FL. Our latest factory tools and equipment allows us to offer top-notch and exquisite services to European and exotic car owners in Bradenton, Ellenton, Nokomis, Osprey, Parrish, Venice, Lakewood Ranch, Longboat Key, Siesta Key, and University Park. Contact us today to give your European or exotic vehicle the quality service it deserves!